“I’ve been made redundant.” One example of self-abuse. Each word a deliberate self-flogging. This is not mere semantics. Say those words aloud and reflect on your:
Alternatively say: “I have a great opportunity now to get what I really want out of life – it’s now or never…….” Reconsider your thoughts, feelings, power, motivation. Sense the difference?
Thought quality is fundamental to life success. Constant inner (or expressed) narration about events around you directly affects your emotions, mood, physiology……. and eventually this shows up as your life circumstances. A person’s narration of events has little to do with reality ‘out there’. YOU run your thought-programme, don’t you? Or do you allow your thoughts to be left to chance or invaded by others who may have a range of agendas? Don’t. It is too important.
Thoughts and feelings drive brain chemistry developing neural networks that directly determine your thoughts, feelings and actions, in that order. These in turn significantly influence your life circumstances.
Given this vicious (or victorious) cycle in this cause-effect loop, you can see that every thought is a cost or a benefit and eventually determines your life – quality of life, sense of happiness and fulfillment.
For 2015, decide to:
- Choose your thoughts in each situation
- Narrate your life from a place of optimism and enthusiasm, both health-boosting states
If your current employment contract ends abruptly, deliberately script your narration about this e.g.: “The organisation is heading in a different direction” or “It’s important to be in a situation where my capability and contribution is valued – if not here, then where?”
This is not the same as living in denial. Stay relevant and valuable:
- Seek honest feedback from a variety of sources about the value you contribute to causes, to results, to situations and to people
- Stay networked with people you associate with your future aspirations
- Continuously improve your value as an essential strategy to secure your future
- All the while, manage your internal thoughts and feelings to remain positive, upbeat and enthusiastic – especially when circumstances are dire. This is how you stand out from the crowd.
This approach will not only make you healthier, it will optimise your wealth, in every sense of the word.